- hot lunches Monday through Friday, available for dining in the senior center or for delivery to the homebound
- yoga classes for all skill levels (open to all ages)
- social activities, especially for holidays
- guest speakers, generally per health and wellness or specifically representing area services agencies
- special events related to gardening and nature, art, music, dance, and games
- outreach and advocacy, assessing needs and working to match them with available services
- provision of laundry and cleaning supplies, fans, blankets
- on a limited basis, respite care, handyperson support, and friendly visitor arrangements
- local transportation services, such as to appointments
If you are yearning to slow down and experience a historical, authentic “Old Florida” village, then meander south to Panacea. You’ll discover a coastal area steeped in rich maritime history, shaped by generations of proud families, who still work the water in the time-honored traditions of boat-building, shrimping, crabbing, and fishing.
Panacea, nestled between the St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge and Apalachicola National Forest, is considered a nature lover’s paradise. Towering pine forests, shady palmetto and hardwood hammocks, a bountiful freshwater lake, healthy tidal marshes, and pristine estuaries provide opportunities for bird and wildlife observation. The sweeping views are often so compelling you stop you in your tracks.