Library Friendship Programs: Crafts, Art, Stories, and Games
June 19 - June 23
The Franklin County Public Library’s Summer Reading Program kicks off with week one, June 19-23, at the Franklin County Public Libraries. Both library branches will have fun activities for both kids and adults during this program under the theme of “All Together Now”. Library programs are free and open to the public and participants do not need a library card to participate.
Summer Reading is an annual program that brings children, teens, and families into local public libraries for reading and activities. The benefits to readers in a summer reading program include:
- encouragement that reading become a lifelong habit
- reluctant readers can be drawn in by the activities
- reading over the summer helps children keep their skills up
- the program can generate interest in the library and books
And it being summer, the program can just be good fun and provide an opportunity for family time.
This year’s slogan, ALL TOGETHER NOW, is a perfect slogan to bring everyone together no matter their age, socio-economic status, political affiliation, or location! Everyone can all find a book to fit their interests and maybe make some friends in the process. Centered around Kindness, Friendship, and Unity, this year’s theme comes with endless opportunities to enjoy the library’s resources and connect with the community.
Week One (June 19th-23rd) “Friends Forever” (Friendship)
- June 19th– Friendship Bracelets 2:00 PM @ both branches. Bring a friend and make beaded friendship bracelets.
- June 20th– Bad Art Contest 2:00 PM @ both branches. Are you a Michelangelo or more of a Michelangel-no? Create art that is purposely bad for a chance to win a trophy and a prize.
- June 21st- Kindness Rock Painting 2:00 PM @ both branches. Paint rocks with kind and uplifting messages for our rock garden.
- June 22nd – Photo Collage Making 11:00 AM @ Eastpoint; 2:00 PM @ Carrabelle. Make a beautiful photo collage of friends and family on canvas.
- June 22nd– Story Time 11:00 AM @ Carrabelle; 2:00 PM @ Eastpoint. Story Hour for ages 4-6 centered around the theme of friendship.
- June 23rd– Friends Trivia Game 2:00 PM @ both branches. Bring a friend and enjoy a friendship-themed trivia game.
Franklin County Public Library Eastpoint Branch is located at 160 Hickory Dip Rd, Eastpoint, FL. For more information about Eastpoint Library activities, contact the Eastpoint Branch Library at (850) 670-8151. The Carrabelle Branch Library is located at 311 St. James Ave. SE (Hwy 98), Carrabelle. For more information on Carrabelle activities, call the Carrabelle Branch at (850) 697-2366. Or go to https://fcpl.wildernesscoast.org/summer-reading.
The Summer Reading Program is sponsored by the Friends of the Franklin County Public Libraries. Friends of Franklin County Public Libraries is a 501(c)(3) organization that supports the Franklin County Public Libraries in Eastpoint and Carrabelle, Florida.