- This event has passed.
September 16, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 pm
Apalachicola Riverkeeper, along with the Franklin County Departments of Parks & Recreation and Solid Waste & Recycling, is co-sponsoring the Ocean Conservancy’s 31st Annual International Coast Cleanup, the world’s largest volunteer effort to help protect our oceans, lakes and rivers. Saturday, September 16, from 8:30am to 11:30am at 17 locations in Franklin County and an 18th location at Saint Vincent NWR. The 10 locations below need volunteers. We provide trash bags, T-shirts, gloves, water, snacks, and data cards. Volunteers should bring sunscreen, bug spray, protective clothing, and sturdy shoes.
Cleanup Locations and Where to Meet:
- Apalachicola: 10’ Hole Battery Park – under the bridge
- Apalachicola – Abercrombie Landing – 12th Street out about 4 miles
- Bald Point State Park: 146 Box Cut Rd, Alligator Point
- Carrabelle: City Pavilion on Marine Street
- Carrabelle: Carrabelle Beach Across from RV park
- Eastpoint: Downtown Pavilion Area on HWY 98
- Eastpoint: Marion Millender Park – off Patton St.
- Lanark Beach: Public Access Pt. – Arizona St. south of Hwy 98
- St. George Island: Downtown Lighthouse Park – in front of lighthouse
- St. George Island State Park: Check-in at Park Gate (appropriate for adults)