January 22nd & 23rd 2021
The Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce proudly presents Butts & Clucks Cook-Off on the Bay a Florida BBQ Association sanctioned event.
On January 22nd & 223rd at Battery Park in Apalachicola teams from all over the Southeast will be competing for over $12,000 in cash and prizes. They will be competing in 4 meat categories: Chicken, Ribs, Pork Butt & Brisket.
Other contests during the weekend:
Sweet Smoke Q BBQ Sauce Competition- to be judged on Friday evening.
Mystery Box Open Competition- Participating entries will receive a sealed box to be reveled at 2:00pm on Friday and have 2 hours to cook a dish that the main ingredients must be what's in the box. To be judged by Local Chefs in front of the competitors. at 4:00pm on Friday.
The Cluck that Came from the Butt Contest -
This year we again will be having our Deviled Egg Contest (The Cluck that Came from the Butt) a fun way to get everyone involved in the event. Entry fee is only $5.00 for the egg contest and we encourage anyone to sign up. To sign up go to www.Buttsandclucks.com . Turn in is at 4:00pm on Saturday the 23rd at the Community Center in Battery Park.
(Swine Tasting) (Cancelled Due to Coronavirus restrictions will return next year)
There will also be a People's Choice category the teams will be entering into. This contest will be judged by YOU. You can purchase a VIP ticket at the T-shirt booth on Friday the 22nd and Saturday the 23rd at the Tshirt Booth and then from 2:15 til 3:45pm on Saturday the 23rd you will have access to the People's Choice tent where you will be able to try every competitors pulled pork and vote for your favorite. These VIP passes will be limited to 70 tickets and can be purchased on Friday the 24th and Saturday the 24th. Due to Coronavirus protections the Swine Tasting will be served by staff
There will be BBQ Vendors and other food vendors who will be attending this years event for your BBQ enjoyment. Including If you not full from their BBQ you can try all the competitors Pulled Pork on Saturday during the People's Choice portion of the event.
For more information and a full list of Teams and Sponsors visit our Facebook page Butts & Clucks Cook-Off on the Bay.
T-Shirts and Aprons will be available to purchase on Friday and Saturday at the
Franklin County Tourist Development Council
The Seafood Grill
Up The Creek Raw Bar
The Station Raw Bar
Up To No Good
The Tin Shed
Backstreet Trading Company
1 Battery Park, Apalachicola, Florida
The Butts and Clucks Cook-Off on the Bay is a Florida BBQ Association Sanctioned event. Click here to download and print the Butts & Clucks Application Butts Clucks Application 2021
FBA Rules will be in effect for all BBQ Contestants. Complete FBA Rules and Regulations may be viewed at www.fbabbq.com.
For additional info call the Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce at 850-653-9419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to be a sponsor this event Sign up to be a Sponsor
1. The Butts and Clucks Cook-Off on the Bay is a Florida BBQ Association Sanctioned event
2. Arrival/Set Up begins on Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 12pm.
3. Standard Cook sites are 20 x 40 But have larger spaces available just let us know what size you need when applying. A site will not be reserved unless payment has been received. Application must be complete and all entries fees must accompany application. We can accommodate any size Cook Team (No Worries just let us know ahead of time.)
4. ALL ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
5. All cook sites must have a current fire extinguisher.
6. Electric will be provided for all cook teams ONLY.
7. Meat inspection begins at Noon on Friday.
8. Any tents that are used at Cook Team sites must be fire retardant and have proper fire-resistant documentation or labels.
9. A quiet time will be observed from 11pm on Thursday night and Friday Night also prior to judging and will remain in effect until sunrise Friday/Saturday morning. Failure to observe the quiet time may result in removal of the offender from the contest site.
10. Prize Money Based on total of $12,000 in Cash & Prize winnings.
11. Awards are Saturday, January 23rd, 2021 at 5:00pm
12. Teams may sell their product at the event. For an additional $150.00 Please call the Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce at 850-653-9419 to advise them of your team is vending. (vendor spaces are limited) or Email the Office at: email@example.com
Entry Fee- $300.00 Per team entry (Must turn in all 4 Categories to be eligible for Overall Prizes) $200.00 for just vendors
Grand Champion $3,200
Reserve Champion $2,000
3rd Overall $1,000
4th Overall $500
Prizes for each of the Four Categories:
1st-$450 3rd-$200 5th-75 7th-$50 9th-$50
2nd-$300 4th-$100 6th-$50 8th-$50 10th-$50
Turn in Times: Chicken 11:00am / Ribs 12:00pm / Pork 1:00pm / Brisket 2:00pm / People’s Choice Turn in 2:30pm-3:00pm
FBA Rules will be in effect for all BBQ Contestants. Complete FBA Rules and Regulations may be viewed at www.fbabbq.com
Make checks payable to the Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce we are a 501(c)(6) Non-Profit Organization
To pay by Credit Card and have us fill out your Application for you Call 850-653-9419
(Complete this and return with the appropriate entry fees to: Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce 17 Ave E. Apalachicola, FL 32320or call 850-653-9419 and pay by card.