January 20th & 21st 2023
Butts & Clucks Application 2023
The Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce proudly presents Butts & Clucks Cook-Off on the Bay a Florida BBQ Association-sanctioned event.
On January 20th & 21st at Battery Park in Apalachicola teams from all over the Southeast will be competing for over $12,000 in cash and prizes. They will be competing in 4 meat categories: Chicken, Ribs, Pork Butt & Brisket.
Other contests during the weekend:
Sweet Smoke Q BBQ Sauce Competition- to be judged on Friday evening. Application Here
Mystery Box Open Competition- Participating entries will receive a sealed box to be revealed at 2:00 pm on Friday and have 2 hours to cook a dish the main ingredients must be what's in the box. To be judged by Chefs in front of the competitors. at 4:00 pm on Friday. If you wish to pre-sign up this is an extra special year for the Mystery Box Contest. This is a little Chopped and a Little Iron Chef with great fun and some amazing dishes. Application Here
The Cluck that Came from the Butt Contest -
This year we again will be having our Deviled Egg Contest (The Cluck that Came from the Butt) a fun way to get everyone involved in the event. The entry fee is only $5.00 for the egg contest and we encourage anyone to sign up. To sign up go to www.Buttsandclucks.com. Turn-in is at 4:00 pm on Saturday the 22nd at the Community Center in Battery Park. Application Here
There will also be a People's Choice category the teams will be entering into. This contest will be judged by YOU. You can purchase a VIP ticket at the T-shirt booth on Friday the 21st and Saturday the 22nd at the Tshirt Booth and then from 2:15 til 3:45 pm on Saturday the 22nd you will have access to the People's Choice tent where you will be able to try every competitor pulled pork and vote for your favorite. These VIP passes will be limited to 70 tickets and can be purchased on Friday the 21st and Saturday the 22nd. Due to Coronavirus protections, the Swine Tasting will be served by staff
There will be BBQ Vendors and other food vendors who will be attending this year's event for your BBQ enjoyment. Including, If you are not full from their BBQ you can try all the competitor's Pulled Pork on Saturday during the People's Choice portion of the event.
For more information and a full list of Teams and Sponsors, visit our Facebook page Butts & Clucks Cook-Off on the Bay.
T-Shirts , Aprons and Tervis Tumblers will be available to purchase on Friday and Saturday at the
1 Battery Park, Apalachicola, Florida
The Butts and Clucks Cook-Off on the Bay is a Florida BBQ Association Sanctioned event. Click here to download and print the Butts & Clucks Application Butts & Clucks Application 2023
For additional info, call the Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce at 850-653-9419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to be a sponsor of this event
1. The Butts and Clucks Cook-Off on the Bay is a Florida BBQ Association Sanctioned event
2. Arrival/Set Up begins on Thursday, January 19, 2023, at 12 pm.
3. Standard Cook sites are 20 x 40 But have larger spaces available just let us know what size you need when applying. A site will not be reserved unless payment has been received. The application must be complete and all entry fees must accompany the application. We can accommodate any size Cook Team (No Worries just let us know ahead of time.)
4. ALL ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
5. All cook sites must have a current fire extinguisher.
6. Electric will be provided for all cook teams ONLY.
7. Meat inspection begins at Noon on Friday.
8. Any tents that are used at Cook Team sites must be fire retardant and have proper fire-resistant documentation or labels.
9. A quiet time will be observed from 11 pm on Thursday night and Friday Night also prior to judging and will remain in effect until sunrise Friday/Saturday morning. Failure to observe the quiet time may result in the removal of the offender from the contest site.
10. Prize Money Based on a total of $12,000 in Cash & Prize winnings.
11. Awards are Saturday, January 22nd, 2023 at 5:00 pm
12. Teams may sell their product at the event. For an additional $150.00 Please call the Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce at 850-653-9419 to advise them of your team is vending. (vendor spaces are limited) or Email the Office at: email@example.com
Entry Fee- $300.00 Per team entry (Must turn in all 4 Categories to be eligible for Overall Prizes) $200.00 for just vendors
Grand Champion $3,200
Reserve Champion $2,000
3rd Overall $1,000
4th Overall $500
Prizes for each of the Four Categories:
1st-$450 3rd-$200 5th-75 7th-$50 9th-$50
2nd-$300 4th-$100 6th-$50 8th-$50 10th-$50
Turn in Times: Chicken 11:00am / Ribs 12:00pm / Pork 1:00pm / Brisket 2:00pm / People’s Choice Turn in 2:30pm-3:00pm
FBA Rules will be in effect for all BBQ Contestants. Complete FBA Rules and Regulations may be viewed at www.fbabbq.com
Make checks payable to the Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce we are a 501(c)(6) Non-Profit Organization
To pay by Credit Card and have us fill out your Application for you Call 850-653-9419
(Complete this and return with the appropriate entry fees to Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce 17 Ave E. Apalachicola, FL 32320or call 850-653-9419 and pay by card.