January 25th-26th, 2019
The Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce proudly presents Butts & Clucks Cook-Off on the Bay a Florida BBQ Association sanctioned event.
On January 25th & 26th at Battery Park in Apalachicola teams from all over the Southeast will be competing for over $15,000 in cash and prizes. They will be competing in 4 meat categories: Chicken, Ribs, Pork Butt & Brisket.
They also will be competing in a BBQ Sauce Competition to be judged on Friday evening.
Currently at this time 34 teams have entered into the contest. Coming from as far as Venice, Fl and Sycamore, Ga. Not only do we have all of these professional BBQ teams coming for the event we also have over 42 judges who will be in the area to pick the winners of this years contests.
The Cluck that Came from the Butt Contest Deviled Egg Contest Application
This year we again will be having our Deviled Egg Contest (The Cluck that Came from the Butt) a fun way to get everyone involved in the event. Entry fee is only $5.00 for the egg contest and we encourage anyone to sign up. To sign up go to www.Buttsandclucks.com . Turn in is at 4:00pm on Saturday the 26th at the Community Center in Battery Park.
There will also be a People's Choice category the teams will be entering into. This contest will be judged by YOU. You can purchase a VIP ticket at the T-shirt booth and then from 2:15 til 4:00pm on Saturday the 26th you will have access to the People's Choice tent where you will be able to try every competitors pulled pork and vote for your favorite. These VIP passes will be limited and can be purchased on Friday the 25th and Saturday the 26th.
On Saturday the 26th from 3:30 till 5:30 local band Southern Flood will be preforming on the stage in middle of Battery Park.
There is 5 BBQ Vendors who will be attending this years event for your BBQ enjoyment. Including The Chamber of Commerce / 10-4 BBQ Ribs and Chicken. If you not full from their BBQ you can try all the competitors Pulled Pork on Saturday during the People's Choice portion of the event.
For more information and a full list of Teams and Sponsors visit our Facebook page Butts & Clucks Cook-Off on the Bay.
T-Shirts and Aprons will be available to purchase on Friday and Saturday at the
We would like to thank our sponsors for the 2019 Butts & Clucks Cook-Off on the Bay
1 Battery Park, Apalachicola, Florida
The Butts and Clucks Cook-Off on the Bay is a Florida BBQ Association Sanctioned event. Click here to download and print the Butts & Clucks Application
FBA Rules will be in effect for all BBQ Contestants. Complete FBA Rules and Regulations may be viewed at www.fbabbq.com.
For additional info call the Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce at 850-653-9419 or email email@example.com.
If you want to be a sponsor this event Click Here
- The Butts and Clucks Cook-Off on the Bay is a Florida BBQ Association Sanctioned event
- Arrival/Set Up begins on Thursday, January 24, 2019 at noon.
- Cook sites are 20 x 30. Some larger spaces are available just let us know what size you need when applying. Spaces are assigned on a first come, first served basis. A site will not be reserved unless payment has been received. Application must be complete and all entries fees must accompany application.
- ALL ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- All cook sites must have a current fire extinguisher.
- Electric will be provided for all cook teams ONLY.
- Meat inspection begins at Noon on Friday.
- Any tents that are used at Cook Team sites must be fire retardant and have proper fire-resistant documentation or labels.
- A quiet time will be observed from 11pm on Thursday and Friday nights, also prior to judging, and will remain in effect until sunrise Friday and Saturday mornings. Failure to observe the quiet time may result in removal of the offender from the contest site.
- Prize Money Based on total of $15,000 in Cash & Prize winnings.
- Awards are Saturday, January 26th, 2019 at 5:00pm
- Teams may sell their product at the event for an additional $150.00 fee. Please call the Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce at 850-653-9419 to advise them if your team is vending (vendor spaces are limited) or Email the Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Entry Fees” $325.00 per team entry, plus additional $150.00 for Vending
Grand Champion $3,000 Reserve Champion $2,000
3rd Overall $1,000
4th Overall $500
Each of the Four Categories
FBA Rules will be in effect for all BBQ Contestants. Complete FBA Rules and Regulations may be viewed at www.fbabbq.com
Make checks payable to the Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce, a 501 ( c ) (6) Non Profit Organization.
Apalachicola Bay Chamber of Commerce 17 Ave E Apalachicola 32320