Jan Thomas owns and manages commercial space in the historic downtown Orman Building,32 Avenue D, along with husband Lowell. According to Franklin County title records, Thomas Orman bought the lots in 1856, building circa 1860. Descendants owned and leased the building continuously for 118 years. Iona Andrews the last descendant sold, in 1978 to local Roger Newton; artist Kristin Anderson bought it in 1985.
Hutchinson Design & Construction completed a nine month restoration in 2000; the Orman Building proudly continues to be maintained by the skilled local contractors who worked on the initial project.
Categories: Associate Members