- This event has passed.
CHARLES CARMAN PIERCE PORTRAIT WORKSHOP at Sea Oats Gallery
April 28, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$99.00
CHARLES CARMAN PIERCE
STUDY FROM LIVE MODEL OR PORTRAIT PHOTO (no teeth)
SEA OATS GALLERY
ST. GEORGE ISLAND, FL.
APRIL 28TH , 2018
816-813-7911 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Michele at Sea Oats: 850-927-2303 or email@example.com
9:00 A.M. TO 4:00 P. M.
Demo and discussion in 1st hour and paint from 10am to Noon.
Break for 1 hour for lunch
Discussion and critique from 1pm to 1:30 and paint from1:30 til 3:30
CRITIQUE AND CLEAN UP 3:30 TO 4
1 NEW PAINTING EACH DAY WITH STUDIES
1. CHARCOAL STICKS: VINE 6 ea, WILLOW 3ea, 9 x 12 Strathmore 500 charcoal paper pad, knead rubber eraser, and drawing board with 2 or more clips or masking tape.
2. Painting surface choices: for oil painters; CANSON CANV-PAPER PAD 9 X 12, 1 stretched canvases or canvas board 11 x 14 or larger.
3. Pastel painters, either pastel paper or Uart sanded paper or similar 11 x 14 or larger.
4. Glass jar w/lid for solvent or water.
5. Oil paints: yellow ochre, Cad. Yellow lt., Cad Red lt., Ultramarine blue, Titanium white, Burnt sienna, Viridian, and Aliz. Crimson.
( Paint can be regular oils or water oils, brand is up to you.)
5. Brushes: White bristle Flats or filberts, sizes # 8, 6 ,4, 2, and 1; Red sable rounds: Sizes #4, 6, and #8 for details, fan brush optional: 1 palette knife. Apron or cover up of your choice.
6. Linseed oil, painting medium, and a two metal containers to attach to palette is needed, mineral spirits for clean up.
7. Palette can either be wood or glass 11 x 14 for a mixing area.
8. Paper towels or rags, medical gloves optional.
9. If you have a easel bring it (limited easels available check with artist or Michele).